Historians insist that the martini was invented in San Francisco by Jerry Thomas, a famous bartender at the Occidental Hotel, author of How to Mix Drinks. It is said that one morning, a customer came into the bar asking for a drink to cure his hangover.
Thomas decided to invent one, which he did with considerable care and gave it to the customer, who promptly recovered. The customer was traveling to Martinez, California. Thomas, learning of this, named the drink “Martinez.” It was indeed a forerunner of today’s Martini.
At Cassell’s Grille, we take pride in the preparation of our Martinis, so choose one and you’ll be sure to enjoy!
- Classic Martini: Tito’s Handmade Vodka or Hendrick’s Gin, Carpano Dry Vermouth, and olives or a twist of lemon
- Dirty Martini: Tito’s Handmade Vodka or Hendrick’s Gin, Carpano Dry Vermouth, olive juice, and olives
- Gibson: The Classic Martini served with cocktail onions
- Cosmopolitan: Stoli Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry and Lime Juices
- Blueberi Cosmo: Stoli Blueberi Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry and Lime juices
- Lemon Drop Martini: Absolute Citron Vodka and Simple Syrup with a twist of lemon
- Berries and Bubbles: Stoli Razberi and Stoli Strawberry flavored Vodka with Mr. Boston’s Raspberry, Champagne
- Snickers Martini: Stoli Vanil Vodka, Dark and White Crème de Cacao, Frangelico, cream
- Chocolate Martini: Our version of the creamy chocolate flavored cocktail
- Espresso Martini: Stoli Vanil Vodka, Kahlua, Starbucks Cold Brew Espresso
- Sour Apple Martini: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Mr. Boston’s Sour Apple
- Pomegranate Martini: Stoli Vodka, Triple Sec, Pomegranate Juice
- French Martini: Vodka, Chambord, and a splash of Pineapple Juice
- Melon ball Martini: Stoli Vodka, Mr. Boston’s Melon liquor, and a splash of Pineapple Juice