Historians insist that the martini was invented in San Francisco by Jerry Thomas, a famous bartender at the Occidental Hotel, author of How to Mix Drinks. It is said that one morning, a customer came into the bar asking for a drink to cure his hangover.
Thomas decided to invent one, which he did with considerable care and gave it to the customer, who promptly recovered. The customer was traveling to Martinez, California. Thomas, learning of this, named the drink “Martinez.” It was indeed a forerunner of today’s Martini.
At Cassell’s Grille, we take pride in the preparation of our Martinis, so choose one and you’ll be sure to enjoy!
- Classic Martini: Vodka or gin, dry vermouth, and olives or a twist of lemon
- Dirty Martini: Vodka or gin, dry vermouth, green olive juice, and olives
- Gibson: The Classic Martini served with cocktail onions
- Cosmopolitan: Vodka, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice and a lime
- Invisible Cosmo: Cranberry vodka, triple sec, and lime juice
- Lemon Drop Martini: Absolute Citron and Simple Syrup with a twist of lemon
- Berries and Bubbles: Raspberry and Strawberry flavored Vodka with Chambord and Champagne
- Snickers Martini: Vanilla Vodka, Dark and White Crème de Cacao, Frangelico, and cream
- Chocolate Martini: Our version of the creamy chocolate flavored cocktail
- Espresso Martini: A blend of Vanilla Vodka with creamy Espresso and Kahlua
- Sour Apple Martini: Vodka, and Sour Apple Pucker
- Pomegranate Martini: Vodka, Pomegranate Juice, and a splash of Triple Sec
- French Martini: Vodka, Chambord, and a splash of Pineapple Juice
- Melon ball Martini: Vodka, Melon liquor, and a splash of Pineapple Juice